The final matches of the 2016 singles championships were played on a fabulous evening of squash at Harvard’s Murr Center on Wednesday, April 6. Hundreds of squash fans were treated to great squash from the best players in the area, who competed in 27 skill level and age level final matches.
Among the notable matches were the following:
- Syed Jafry won in both the Men’s 40+ against Doug Lifford and in the Men’s 45+ vs. Scott Poirier.
- Fernanda Rocha won the top Women’s 4.5+ match, beating Hope Nichols Prockop 3-0.
- Samuel Tripp won the Open 3.5 final, besting Steven Schmitt in five games.
- Elisabeth Reynolds and Lisa Evans played a back-and-forth five-game match, with Elisabeth finally winning a close game five.
- In the Men’s 55+, Bob Brownell came back from down two games and fought off four match balls in the third to beat Will Bigelow.
- In the Open 6.0, John Roberts rallied from two games down against Benoit Tricot to pull out a 3-2 win. The huge and vocal crowd was treated to some great squash, capping off the evening after 25 other final matches were played.
A gallery of photographs from the evening can be found here.
Full results from the evening can be found in the following attachment: 2016 MA Squash Championship results.