Please see below for more information on the available opening at Tufts University. To apply, click the link at the bottom of the post.
Head Squash Coach – Tisch Sports and Fitness Center – (17001324)
This is an academic year position, working 44 weeks per year.
Tufts University is a member of the Division III National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC). Tufts students participate in 20 varsity sports, as well as a number of intramural and club sports.
Tufts Athletics oversees the Physical Education Department, which offers various for-credit physical fitness courses, and the Personalized Performance Program for students, staff, and faculty. The department manages all athletics facilities including the state of the art Steve Tisch Sports and Fitness Center, which opened in 2012.
The Head Coach directs all activities related to the athletic program including coaching and determining team/game strategy, managing performance of student-athletes and ensuring adherence to conference and university rules and guidelines. Manages coaching staff, student recruiting and assists Director of Athletics with marketing, promotion and fundraising activities.
- Direct the planning and coaching of practice sessions.
- Instruct and coach team members individually and in groups.
- Assess performance needs and develop plans.
- Develop game/meet strategy and position assignments.
- Ensure adherence to all association, conference and university rules by athletes and supporting staff.
- Manage coaching staff including hiring, training and performance development.
- Oversee recruitment of prospective student athletes and ensure timely submission of records for admission.
- Manage marketing and promotion of athletic program as well as assist Director of Athletics with fundraising activities.
- Oversee purchase of uniforms, equipment and supplies.
- Manage other program operations as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of coaching experience.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coach the sport of squash, develop and relate to student-athletes in an extremely competitive academic environment.
- Knowledge of NCAA and NESCAC rules and a commitment to abide by them at all times.
- Willingness and ability to actively recruit academically qualified and athletically talented student-athletes to Tufts.
- Dedication to the full academic, athletic and social development of student-athletes.
- Ability to communicate effectively and foster positive relations with fellow athletics department staff members, student-athletes, other members of the Tufts community, donors, alumni, former athletes and the local community.
- Commitment to gender equity, rules compliance, diversity and inclusion and the mission of Tufts University.
- Valid US driver’s license and ability to travel are required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Competitive playing experience and fund-raising experience desirable.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
44 weeks per year.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity
All applicants must apply online at: